IntroductionWelcome to Cruising‑Cape‑Breton.info; your fact‑filled, #1 Source for essential information. Whether you're a cruiser venturing to our island, or a new or experienced Cape Breton cruiser seeking new horizons, we have the up‑to‑date information you need. And it's all FREE!
- It's yours for the taking
- No trial period
- No advertisements
- No begging for donations
- No nagging to "upgrade"
- FREE to share with others
Cruise Cape Breton: The Yachters’ Guide to the Bras d’Or Lakes
published such information in book‑format. It's long out of print and existing editions contain much misinformation. Later editions omitted several useful charts, and chart and illustration quality was poor.
Much has changed since the Cruise Cape Breton book was first published in 1974 and revised last in 1992; not only around the island, but also in the way we navigate and communicate. Gone are the days of Radio Direction Finders and Loran‑C. Satellites and advanced electronics now allow us to navigate with precision. Change is continuous and makes guide books out‑of‑date before they're published.
Cruising‑Cape‑Breton.info is our solution to this problem. As you can see from the "What's New?" column (right), we strive to keep abreast of changes and to improve the accuracy, utility, and presentation of information. Read What Cruisers Say about this site.
Many now have Internet access while under way. But, mobile phone signals are often poor or nonexistent in harbours and anchorages. So, the useful reference documents linked to, or contained within this website—including eBooks of all the charts—are downloadable in PDF‑format. Print them or store them on a laptop or tablet computer for use aboard your vessel. Look for the PDF symbol, or visit Downloads to get what you need.
HELP! This website is a volunteer project evolving to meet cruisers' needs. Keeping information up‑to‑date and relevant is important and time consuming. Please contribute by providing suggestions, ideas, criticism, corrections, or additions. Or help by writing material for inclusion on this website. All input is welcome! You're all encouraged to take part. Your feedback is important. Contact Us!
This is a never‑ending project, so check back for updates!
—Captain James Cook, 1728-1779
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
- Feb 20 - Marine Services updated
- Feb 18 - Boating Experiences updated
- Feb 14
- Malagawatch chart revised
- Bras d'Or Lakes eBook updated
- Feb 11 - Links updated
- Feb 06 - Marine Services revised
- Feb 04 - Publications revised
- Feb 01 - CCB App new version uploaded
- Jan 28 - Publications revised
- Jan 22 - Tides & Currents updated
- Jan 10 - Services & Supplies updated
- Jan 04 - Marinas & Yacht Clubs updated
- Jan 03 - Publications revised
- Dec 17 - Boating Experiences updated
- Dec 14 - 2017 Tide & Current Tables
- Tide & Current Tables for 2017 uploaded
- Tides updated
- Downloads updated
- Miscellaneous Docs eBook updated
- Dec 12 - Publications revised
- Dec 11 - Links revised
- Nov 30 - Weather revised
- Nov 19 - New version of JTides tidal prediction program uploaded
- Oct 16 - Weather revised
- Oct 01 - CCB App new version uploaded