- It's yours for the taking
- No trial period
- No advertisements
- No begging for donations
- No nagging to "upgrade"
- FREE to share with others
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
CRUISE CAPE BRETON—The Yachters' Guide to the Bras d'Or Lakes, published such information in book–format. It's long out of print and existing, dog–eared editions contain much misinformation. Chart and illustration reproduction in later editions was of poor quality and several charts were omitted.
Much has changed since the original Cruise Cape Breton book was first published in 1974 and last revised in 1992—not just around the island, but also in the way we navigate and communicate. With GPS and state–of–the–art electronics, we navigate with a precision that was undreamt of then. Change is continuous, making guide books out–of–date before they're ever published.
Cruising‑Cape‑Breton.info is our solution to this problem. You can see from the "What's New?" column (right) that we strive constantly to keep abreast of changes and to improve the accuracy, utility, and presentation of our information.
Read What Cruisers Say… about this site.
This is a never–ending project, so check back for updates…
Few of us have the luxury of Internet access while under way and cellular–phone signals are often poor or nonexistent. So, much of the useful reference material linked to, or contained within this website—including eBooks of all the charts—may be downloaded in PDF–format for printing or storing on a laptop or tablet computer for use aboard your vessel—just look for the PDF symbol. OR click Downloads to get everything with just a click.
You'll need a PDF–reader to view and print these documents—most web browsers include one. If you need one, just click a button to download the popular Adobe® Reader® or the better Foxit® Reader for free. Several other PDF–readers are also available for free on the Internet.
HELP! This is a purely volunteer project. Please contribute by providing suggestions, corrections, additional information, or by writing material for inclusion on this website. Keeping information up–to–date and relevant is important and time consuming and all help will be greatly appreciated! Just Contact Us or post on our Forum. You're all encouraged to participate…don't be shy!
just intentions.” —David Skillings
—Robert Louis Stevenson
—Alexander Graham Bell
—Silver Donald Cameron
- Jul 03 - CCB App new version uploaded
- Jun 20 - Link added to Links Page
- Jun 03 - Link added to Links Page
- May 22 - Lobster Season updated on Charts Page
- May 12 - Lobster Season updated on Charts Page
- May 10 - CB Boat Launch map added
- May 05 - Link added to Links Page
- May 04 - Montague Marina info updated
- Apr 29
- eBook released for Tidal & Weather information PDFs
- Marine Weather info updated
- Apr 25 - Links Page updated
- Apr 16 - Lennox Passage Br
- Status updated
- Apr 15 - Links Page updated
- Apr 14
- Marinas & Yacht Clubs updated
- Marine Weather info updated
- Apr 11 - Marine Services Providers updated
- Apr 03 - Beaver Narrows Power Line
- Draft & Mast Height Restrictions revised
- St Peters Inlet charts revised
- Bras d'Or Lakes eBook updated
East Bay RegattaJuly 24–26, 2015
- Looking to charter?
- Coming without a boat?
- Like to try Sailing?
- Want to go Kayaking?