- It's yours for the taking
- No trial period
- No advertisements
- No begging for donations
- No nagging to "upgrade"
- FREE to share with others
Read “What Cruisers Say…” about this site.
CRUISE CAPE BRETON—The Yachters' Guide to the Bras d'Or Lakes, published much of this information. It's long out of print and existing, dog-eared editions contain outdated and even erroneous information. Chart and illustration reproduction in later editions was of poor quality and several charts were omitted.
the Cruising Cape Breton Forum, where you can discuss ideas for improving the usefulness of the website, app, and chart books, ask questions, and provide information or advice to help other cruisers and boaters enjoy our island.
Join our FORUM, sign up, become involved!
Much has changed since Cruise Cape Breton was written 40+ years ago—not only around the island, but also in the way we navigate and communicate. Now, with GPS and state-of-the-art electronics we navigate with a precision that was undreamt of then. However, change is continuous—guides books are out-of-date before they're published. As you can see from the "What's New?" column (right), we update our information frequently.
This is a never-ending project, so check back for updates…
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
Few of us have the luxury of Internet access while under way and cellular-phone signals are often poor or non-existent. So, much of the useful reference material linked to, or contained within this website, may be downloaded in PDF-format for printing or storing on a laptop or tablet computer for use aboard your vessel—just look for the PDF symbol. OR click Downloads to get everything with just a click.
You'll need a PDF‑reader to view and print these documents—most web browsers include one. If you need one, just click a button to download the popular Adobe® Reader® or the better Foxit® Reader for free. Several other PDF‑readers are also available for free on the Internet.
HELP! This is a purely volunteer project. Please contribute by providing suggestions, corrections, additional information, or by writing material for inclusion on this website. Keeping information up-to-date and relevant is important and time consuming and all help will be greatly appreciated! Just Contact Us or post on our Forum. You're all encouraged to participate…
just intentions.” —David Skillings
—Robert Louis Stevenson
- Sep 19 - New link on Links page
- Sep 11 - Forum installed
- Sep 08 - Sunrise Shore Marina info updated
- Sep 05 - New link on Links page
- Sep 01 - Highlands Coast
- Overview info revised
- Neils Harbour info corrected
- Highlands Coast eBook updated
- Aug 31 - Revised App Download
- Aug 22 - Supplies & Services updated
- Aug 18 - Bras d'Or Lakes eBook: McPhee Islands chart & info added
- Aug 16 - Isle Madame BC info updated
- Aug 15 - Ross Ferry Marine Park info updated
- Aug 14 - Info added to Charts Page
- Aug 13 - Photos added to Highlands Coast Gallery
- Aug 10 - re: St Peters Inlet Overview
- Chart and info consolidated
- Bras d'Or Lakes eBook updated
- Jul 31 - Revised App Download
- Jul 25 - Link added to Links Page
- Jul 21 - Highlands Coast Photo Album started
- Jul 20 - re: Little River Harbour
- Chart and info revised
- Highlands Coast eBook updated
- Jul 08 - Article "The Ultimate Cruising Destination" added
- Jul 05 - re: Lennox Passage Br.
- Chedabucto Bay key chart revised
- Chedabucto Bay eBook updated
- Charts page updated
- Jul 01 - Revised App Download
No Boat? No Problem!Captain Greg offers half or full-day, hands-on sailing charters.
Like to try Sailing?Join Captain Greg for a half or full-day, hands-on sailing experience.
Never Sailed?Join Captain Greg for a half or full-day, hands-on sailing experience.
“Beautiful Bras d'Or”An excellent article by Glen Cairns in Canadian Yachting —January 2014