- It's yours for the taking
- No trial period
- No commercials
- No begging for donations
- No nagging for "upgrades"
- FREE to give to others
CRUISE CAPE BRETON—The Yachters' Guide to the Bras d'Or Lakes, published much of this information. It's long out of print and existing, dog-eared editions contain outdated and erroneous information. Chart and illustration reproduction in later editions was very poor quality and several charts were omitted.
New Features for 2014…For 2014 we are introducing some new features:
- Chart Books: Each area of Cape Breton Island will have a Chart Book with all the charts in a single E-Book (PDF-file).
- Photo Galleries will be available for each area as time and photos permit. The Bras d'Or Lakes gallery has already been started.
Much has changed since Cruise Cape Breton was published 40 years ago—not only around the island, but also in the way we navigate and communicate. Today, with GPS and state-of-the-art electronics we navigate with a precision that was undreamt of back then. Change is continuous—any book-format guide is out-of-date before it's published. Here, as you can see from the "What's New?" column (right), we update our information frequently.
Few of us have the luxury of Internet access while under way—and reception of cellular-phone signals is often poor or non-existent—so much of the useful reference material linked to, or contained within this website, may be downloaded in PDF-format for printing or storing on a laptop or tablet computer for use aboard your vessel—just look for the PDF symbol.
OR click to download everything with one click.
You'll need a PDF‑reader to view and print these documents—most web browsers include one. If you need one, simply click a button to download the popular Adobe® Reader® or the better Foxit® Reader for free. Several other PDF‑readers are also available for free on the Internet.
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
This is a never-ending project, so check back for updates…
Use our "Contact Us" page to tell us what you think needs adding or changing. This is a purely volunteer project. Anyone wishing to contribute by providing suggestions, additional, or corrective information, or by writing material for inclusion in this website, should contact the authors. Keeping this information up-to-date and relevant is important and time consuming and all help will be greatly appreciated! Experience in web-design is unnecessary—You write it, we'll 'web-page' it! You're all invited to participate.
“Beautiful Bras d'Or”An excellent article by Glen Cairns in Canadian Yachting —January 2014
- Mar 05 - VHF Weatheradio info and map updated. (Marine Weather page)
- Jan 29 - Crammond Islands chart revised
- Jan 26 - Charts page updated
- Jan 25 - Publications and Links pages updated
- Jan 18 - VHF Weatheradio info updated. (Marine Weather page)
- Jan 16
- East Bay Overview info added
- Bras d'Or Lakes System - CHART BOOK added
- Jan 15
- St Andrews Channel Overview info added
- Great Bras d'Or Channel Overview chart updated and info added
- Jan 14
- Island Point Harbour chart info added
- Long Island chart info added
- Little Bras d'Or chart updated
- Jan 12 - Whycocomagh chart redrawn and info added
- Jan 05 - St Patricks Channel chart updated and info added
- Jan 04 - Baddeck Harbour chart added
- Jan 03
- Entrance to North & Denys Basins chart redrawn and info added
- MacNaughtons Cove info added
- Jan 01 - Denys Basin chart redrawn
- Dec 18 - Georges River Boat Club and Ross Ferry Marine Park info added
- Dec 11 - Georges River chart updated and info added
- Dec 10 - Crammond Islands chart corrected
- Dec 08 - New Website Download
- Nov 30 - Petit-de-Grat Harbour info corrected, Approach chart added