Pjila’si, Bienvenue, Fáilte, Welcome!
Welcome to Cruising‑Cape‑Breton.info: the essential, information resource. Whether you're a cruiser venturing to our island or a Cape Breton cruiser seeking new horizons, we have the up‑to‑date information you need. And it's all FREE! For many cruisers, Cape Breton Island is the Ultimate Cruising Destination.
Cruise Cape Breton: The Yachters’ Guide to the Bras d’Or LakesCalled "The Yachtsman's Guide" in early editions; changed to "The Yachters' Guide" for political correctness!ⓘ gave such information in book‑format. Published in 1974 and revised last in 1992, it's long out of print and surviving editions contain lots of misinformation. Later editions omitted several useful charts; chart and illustration quality was poor.
Much has changed since Cruise Cape Breton was published; not only around the island but also in the way we communicate and navigate. Today, satellites and modern electronics let us navigate with precision. But, change is continuous; it makes guidebooks out‑of‑date before they are published. Cruising-Cape-Breton.info is our answer. The ‘What's New’ column shows how we strive to keep up with changes and improve the information's accuracy, utility, and presentation. Read What Cruisers Say about this site.
Although Internet access is often available while under way, in harbours and anchorages mobile phone signals may be weak or nonexistent. So, documents linked to, or provided on this website, including eBooks of charts, are downloadable in PDF‑format. Print them or store them on a laptop or tablet for use on board. Look for the PDF symbol, or visit Downloads for what you need.
HELP! This website is a volunteer project that evolves to meet cruisers' needs. Keeping information up‑to‑date and relevant is important and time-consuming. Please contribute by providing suggestions, ideas, criticism, corrections, or additions. Or help by writing material for inclusion on this website. All input is welcome! You're all encouraged to take part. Your feedback is important. Contact Us!
This is a never‑ending project—check back for updates!
—Water Rat to Mole in The Wind in the Willows
—Alexander Graham Bell
—Sir Robin Knox-Johnston
- Internal Links are shown in RED
- External Links are shown in BLUE
- Information Pop-Ups like this
When using the App:
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
- The info-tip symbolHover over it and it pops up like this.ⓘ brings up information snippets
• Lennox Passage Bridge:
Rehabilitation in process. Completion projected for September 5. Update 3 July
- Aug 05 - Western Shore
- Chéticamp Harbour chart & info updated
- Western Shore eBook updated
- Aug 04 - Marine Services Providers updated
Aug 01 - CCB App new edition uploaded
- Jul 28 - Publications updated
- Jul 18 - Marine Services Providers updated
- Jun 23 - Highlands Coast
- Overview info revised
- MacLeods Point info revised
- Bay St Lawrence chart revised
- Highlands Coast eBook updated
- May 30
- Eateries updated
- Marine Services Providers updated
- May 22 - Eastern Cape Breton
- Eastern Cape Breton eBook added
- Downloads updated
- Charts page updated
- May 18 - Lobster seasons updated
- May 17 - St Peter's Lock hours revised
- May 15 - Lobster seasons updated
- Apr 30 - Publications updated
- Apr 25 - Tides updated
- Apr 24 - Photo Galleries updated
- Apr 22 - Publications updated
- Apr 17 - Draft & Height Restrictions updated
- Apr 02 - Boating Opportunities updated
- Mar 17
- Tides updated
- Marine Services revised
- Feb 22 - Marine Weather info revised