Pjila’si, Bienvenue, Fáilte, Welcome!
Welcome to Cruising‑Cape‑Breton.info: the essential, information resource. Whether you're a cruiser venturing to our island or a Cape Breton cruiser seeking new horizons, we have the up‑to‑date information you need. And it's all FREE! For many cruisers, Cape Breton Island is the Ultimate Cruising Destination.
Cruise Cape Breton: The Yachters’ Guide to the Bras d’Or LakesCalled "The Yachtsman's Guide" in early editions; changed to "The Yachters' Guide" for political correctness!ⓘ provided such information in book‑format. Published in 1974 and revised last in 1992, it's long out of print and surviving editions contain much misinformation. Later editions omitted several useful charts; chart and illustration quality was poor.
A lot has changed since Cruise Cape Breton was published; not only around the island but also in the way we communicate and navigate. Today, satellites and modern electronics let us navigate with precision. Change is continuous; it makes guidebooks out‑of‑date before they are published. Cruising-Cape-Breton.info is our answer. The ‘What's New Here’ column shows how we strive to keep up with changes and improve the information's accuracy, utility, and presentation. Read What Cruisers Say about this site.
Although Internet access is often available while under way, in harbours and anchorages mobile phone signals may be weak or nonexistent. So, documents linked to, or provided on this website, including eBooks of charts, are downloadable in PDF‑format. Print them or store them on a laptop or tablet for use on board. Look for the PDF symbol, or visit Downloads for what you need.
COVID-19 & Boating
HELP! This website is a volunteer project that evolves to meet cruisers' needs. Keeping information up‑to‑date and relevant is important and time-consuming. Please contribute by providing suggestions, ideas, criticism, corrections, or additions. Or help by writing material for inclusion on this website. All input is welcome! You're all encouraged to take part. Your feedback is important. Contact Us!
This is a never‑ending project—check back for updates!
—Alexander Graham Bell
—Sir Robin Knox-Johnston
- Internal Links are shown in RED
- External Links are shown in BLUE
- Information Pop-Ups like this
When using the App:
- Internal Links work without an Internet connection.
- External Links require an Internet connection.
- The info-tip symbolHover over it and it pops up like this.ⓘ brings up information snippets
• Lennox Passage Bridge:
Bridge is now operational.
Jun 01 - CCB App new edition uploaded
- May 27 - Mira River chart revised
- May 16 - Covid-19 & Boating updated
- May 14 - Lobster Fishing Seasons updated
- Apr 30
- Apr 29 - Mira River chart revised
- Apr 28
- Apr 27
- Apr 24 - Lobster Fishing Seasons updated
- Mar 14 - Mira River chart revised
- Feb 13 - Mira River
- Mira River chart added
- Charts page updated
- Feb 06 - Weather revised
- Feb 02 - Publications updated
- Feb 01 - Weather
- SSB Weather info updated
- Miscellaneous Docs eBook updated
- Jan 29 - Eastern Cape Breton
- Main-à-Dieu Chart corrected
- Eastern CB eBook updated
- Jan 24 - Charts updated
- Jan 22 - Links revised
- Jan 13 - Services & Supplies updated
- Jan 08 - Marinas updated
- Jan 01 - Publications updated
- Dec 29 - Services & Supplies updated
- Dec 27 - Marinas updated
- Dec 10 - Magnetic Variation updated
- Dec 04 - Boating Experience updated
- Nov 29 - Publications updated
- Nov 28 - Chedabucto Bay
- Overview chart & info revised
- Lennox Passage bridge info updated
- Chedabucto Bay eBook updated
- Nov 16 - Publications updated